In our Hearing and Sound unit, students completed a home project with a parent where they needed to construct a musical instrument. The criteria were:
- My instrument is securely put together.
- I can make 2 or more different sounds with my instrument.
- I used materials found from home.
- I can demonstrate how my instrument works and show understanding of pitch.
- I completed my reflection with detail.
Check out our instruments below:
Making Musical Instruments! on PhotoPeach
I was very impressed with the instruments that were created and presented to our class! We had everything from guitars to panpipes to drums to maracas! Great job, Grade 3′s. What was the most difficult thing about constructing your instrument? Was anything really easy?
I’m very proud of you!